Thursday, August 6, 2009

High School Reunion & Birthday

Freddie & I attended my 30th high school class reunion last month. Wow where has the time flown? It only seems like a few years ago that we walked across that stage and received our high school diplomas. Our futures lay before us and we had dreams and plans for what we were going to accomplish. As for me, my life turned out somewhat different than what I had planned, but God has certainly blessed me along the way. It was great to see some of my classmates that I had not seen since we graduated!




I also celebrated my birthday, yes I still celebrate it. Everyday that I am alive is a gift. I have learned that life is but a brief span of time and we can either make the most of it or just watch it pass us by. Not sure whose quote this is but I really think it is true:

The purpose of life is to have a life of purpose.

Anyway when I opened my gift from my hubby, I thought I was in chocolate heaven.



I received a beautiful frame from Gabe & his family and some great shoes from Danita & her family.



And I also got myself a new purse at a little online botique called LuKels Botique. I have received many compliments on it.


Thanks to everybody for making my birthday very special!




1 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great one! :D