Friday, February 20, 2009

Music to my ears...

Within the last couple of weeks, both of my youngest grandsons have said words that are music to my ears.

First of all, Hunter has begun saying his first word. That in itself is a blessing, because he only has one vocal cord that functions. Because of this, he has always been a quiet baby. The doctors were not really sure what his voice would sound like or how loud it would be. Gabe called me recently and told me his first word was not momma or dada, but "bub-bba". He loves his big brother, Dane and when I got to hear this for myself it was DIVINE!!!


Then my other grandson, Brodie, has been calling me momma, daddy, and even poppa. He just couldn't or wouldn't say Hunny. Until he was in the hospital recently for the croup. He began saying "Huh---eeeeey"! He leaves out the n's, but I love it!!!

And that is music to my ears and melts my heart!!! Small blessings that make life GREAT!!

3 comments:

Bud (Rick Erwin) said...

The voice of a child makes our hears glad. What wonderful news and I am so happy for all of you. Rick

Bud (Rick Erwin) said...

Nothing like the sound of a child's voice to make the heart glad. It is a GOOD thing to hear that sound. Happy for your all. Rick

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That is so sweet! It definitely is music to hear. :D