I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
This week I celebrated my birth and it was a day of reflection for me. With each passing year, I realize that life is so precious and so brief. Every day I am given is truly a gift from God even though many days I fail to acknowledge this fact. I am blessed with a wonderful husband and an amazing family with the most beautiful grandchildren. I have super friends and a great job.
I am at a stage in life where I am content and am taking it one day at a time. It has taken a long time to get here, but I thank God for allowing me this journey.
Recently I watched a movie called “Bucket List” which was outstanding! It made me think about what my bucket list might look like.
- Have a husband and a couple of kids – check
- Have a home – check (twice)
- See both of my kids find love & happiness (God answered this prayer in 2005)
- Have grandkids – check (4 times over)
- Have a good job – check
- Read the entire Bible (need to do better on this one)
- Make a difference in someone’s life – (still working on this one)
- Be debt free (this is a challenge)
- Finish remodeling my home – (work in progress…)
- Get my bachelor’s degree – check
- See my kids get an education – (daughter-check, son-working on it)
- Travel to at least 10 different states – (been to 6, need 4 more)
- Go with my husband on a cruise to Alaska – (soon hopefully)
- Go on a cruise – check
- Go to Hawaii – (maybe someday)